Sunday, January 24, 2016

Starkly Kitty

Today, I am thinking about my beloved cat, Pandora, who we lost two years ago. I miss her still. She was a gorgeous cat with a take-charge attitude that, although undeniable, was delivered with a good deal of grace and class on her part.  Cat's have that ability - to be both bossy and admirable at the same time.

This year, I am focusing on the very basic things.  All the things she did to make our little family that much better and fuller.  She showered us with love and affection, made us laugh quite regularly, showed definite concern when we were upset and licked our eyeballs if we got out of line.



Pandora was into the simple things so I decided to make a card that was also simple.   Her coloring was gorgeous - a silky deep gray with patches of pristine white - but I could never reproduce it.  Like her, it seemed to be constantly changing and fluid.  Instead, I used the carpet she is sitting on in the picture above for inspiration for the coloring of this pensive cat.



I found similarly colored scrapbook paper and accented it with a deep chocolate cardstock all mounted on bright white XPressIt.  I used a ripped edge with a fuller mat to give a sense of what is there and, today, what is not.



Hope everyone has a great Sunday and takes time to remember all the small souls in our life that make it that much better each day.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...