Every year, my daughter rolls her eyes as I bring up my non-traditional movie favorites for Christmas time.
Of course, I always watch the old-time greats and recent classics. Here's my short list for the must-sees:
1) Christmas Carol - both the Alastair Sim and the George C. Scott versions
2) Miracle on 34th Street - original
3) It's a Wonderful Life
4) The Bishop's Wife
5) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
6) Frosty the Snowman
7) Charlie Brown Christmas
8) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
9) Christmas Vacation
10) A Christmas Story
But I also enjoy movies with non-traditional Christmas flair! These are not family fare and will not put you in the mood, but they are fun in their own way. Here is the list that makes my daughter cringe.
1) Die Hard - I usually only include the first and second installments on the francise
2) Lethal Weapon - again only the first two make my list.
4) Edward Scissorhands
5) Trapped in Paradise
6) The Ref
7) The Apartment
8) Lion in Winter
9) Three Days of the Condor
10) The Thin Man
Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit! Have a great day!