Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Blue Ocean Awaits

I guess I was feeling a little blue today!


For this card, I started out by smooshing a piece of glossy cardstock through a mess of blue distress inks (Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass and Broken China).  I splashed some alcohol ink onto the surface of the card ( Denim and Stream Adirondack) and then followed with splashes of blending solution.  Now that I had a liquidy mess fit to emulate the sea, I finally stepped back and let it dry.  I then stamped my Netting background from my Rogue Redhead Deisgns Just Sayin' set over top of the whole thing with Faded Jeans distress ink.

I stamped the Beach Boy from my Beach Babes collection with Tuxedo Black Memento on white cardstock.  I used an aquapainter to paint some of the distress inks onto the image to give it some tone.

I added a quote also from the Beach Babes collection.   To keep the theme nautical, I matted the quote as a flag.

Stamps: Beach Boy from Beach Babes and Netting from Just Sayin' (Rogue Redhead Designs)


Wishing you day with sunny blue skies and deep azure seas!

1 comment:

  1. blue must be a good feeling. this is utterly lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...