Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Budding Wishes

Today, I have an extra simple card for you.  I like to make simple cards up so that I can connect with old friends after the frigid winter has started to thaw.



Beyond easy, this layout is easy and uses up a ton of paper without having to have more than one coordinating piece.  Stamp your cosmos bud or other floral image onto the middle of white or cream cardstock and line up your sentiment and then cut your front panel out with an oval cutter or die.  I always stamp first and cut after so that I can always have the sentiment end up straight (or mostly straight).

I used a coral base and used the same color to highlight my cosmos bud.  I accented with brown matting and brown brads.  Easy-peasy!


Stamps: cosmos bud from Floriculture and sentiment from Bits and Pieces (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Paper: Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White (Stampin Up); designer paper from Blush line (BasicGrey)

I will probably end up making up a ton of these to send out to friends all over.  Thankfully, Spring calms down just enough for me to get ready for the craziness of Summer!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...