Monday, February 9, 2015

Another Birthday for the Roguette!

This year, I decided on an image to commemorate my daughter's newly acquired skating skills.  She started lessons in March of last year and, by November, she was on the school hockey team.  Pretty cool, huh?  Gotta love a kid with a mission!



For this card, I stamped and colored the pup first and then masked off the image with a repositionable note.  I stamped the snowflakes from A Winter's Tale all around the open white area with medium blue.  Next, I sponged some light blue over the snow flakes and then sponged the medium blue around the edges of the card and the mask.  Voila!  Snow storm!  For the final step, I created the ice that the pup is gliding upon with more copic coloring.

Stamps: Ice Dance (Penny Black) and snowflakes from
Beatrix Potter's A Winter's Tale (available at Rogue Redhead Designs)
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Brown Sugar - Anything Goes

Card Mania Challenge - Add Some Red

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes

Hope everyone is having fun in the snow!  Here in New England, I think we would rather have slightly less snow!

2 comments:

  1. Aw his a cutie...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thank you for participating Card Mania Challenge. Good luck:)

    Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...