Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Little Christmas

So first off...sorry for the long pause between posts.  My camera died a sudden and unexpected death. I am working on resurrecting it or finding a new one.  It has taken me a bit to feel comfortable using my iPhone to show off my artwork...yup, now I know for sure...I am getting wicked old.  My daughter laughed at me and said, "Um, why didn't you do that three weeks ago?"  Yup....

So, I was messing around with my stencil collection yesterday and this is one of the cards that resulted.  I thought it was a fun treatment for a one-layer card which usually include more white space.  Obviously, I wanted a totally cute focal image so I grabbed the Precious Pair from Christmas Cheer and started working!

I stamped them first and then masked them off to create the blocked sections for the stencil patterns. In hindsight, I should have colored these lovely ladies BEFORE masking, but I was excited to be back and getting inky!


The stencils I used are mini-sized, about 4"x4". I got them at Michael's one day during a fab sale.  Most were only a dollar or two.  I love reuseable tools!  Once, I blocked off the squares, I spinged on a base layer of ink with my lightest ink and then used the stencil with a ink dauber and a darker hued ink.  I liked it!

Stamp: Precious Pair from Christmas Cheer (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Rogue Redhead Designs is sponsoring the latest Pile It on Challenge - Vintage! The idea is to combine the Vintage theme with at least one other challenge - but the more the merrier.   I am entering this card into the Pile It On challenge as well as the following fab challenges:

Christmas Cards All Year Round - No Patterned Paper

Rubber Dance Art Stamps - Classic Christmas

Crafty Hazel Christmas - Go Green

Hope you all have a ton of stamping fun today!

To see my other cards using stencils, hop on over to the RRD blog.

10 comments:

  1. Sharon I have not visited your blog in a long time...love what you did with those stencils...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I have been trying (and failing) to find time to blog and stamp but hopefully I can be around a bit more.

      Delete
  2. Wow - these sweeties really pop against those papers - really fun. Thanks for stopping by the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon,
    Nice to "meet" you through the challege on my blog! :-) Thank you so much for playing along. I love how you masked the center off and used stencils on the side - such a cool idea for a one layer card! I hope you will join our challenge again when the new one is announced on December 1st.... it will be MY fave of all this far! ;-)
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Christmas cards Sharon, I love the cute image and pretty background. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 203 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cute little image. Great idea to make your own backing papers to match. Thanks for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! The background paper matches beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Rubber Dance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love the image! Thanks for playing along with us at Rubber Dance Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shar - hope you are well :). Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...