Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Touch of Teal

I love the combination of soft greens and soft teals!  It's cool and sophisticated without being cold!


For this card, I have created a background by smooshing some glossy cardstock through a couple green distress inks stamped onto a craft sheet and misted.  I then stamped a teal distress ink onto the mat and dabbed the cardstock onto the ink.  To finish off the background panel, I overstamped the Handwritten Music background from the Behind the Scenes set (Plate of the Month at RRD) with Timber Brown StazOn.  I didn't wait for the base ink to completely dry so that I would get a great slightly smeared aka distressed look on my background!


From there, I stamped this sophisticated lady from Winter Women on a piece of white cardstock using Rich Cocoa Memento.  I colored her in with my copic markers and then matted the image with some Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Stamps: Handwritten Music Background from Behind the Scenes
and Marjorie from Winter Women (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

MarkerPop - Anything Goes

The Pink Elephant Challenge - Anything Goes

Vintage Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes

Have a fabulously stylish day!

2 comments:

  1. I too like your colour palette Shar, along with the music script and focal image it gives a lovely Vintage feel.

    Thanks so much for joining us again at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stamps are very interesting I will have to take a closer look at rogue stamps...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...