Monday, September 15, 2014

Warm Colors and Warm Thoughts

I've been playing with my distress inks and background stamps this week.  I stamped some warm orange and yellow distress inks (Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey) onto a craft sheet, misted it, and drew some glossy cardstock through the resulting puddle  After letting it dry, I used Spiced Marmalade to stamp my RRD Sequin Waste background on top of my inky cardstock.


My endeavors ended up being enough for two cards.  The first uses a brand-new Ranger set called Collaged Hearts that I just received.  I waited until my background dried completely.  I then stamped the largest heart from the set with Brushed Corduroy distress ink.  I let it dry for a short time and then smudged the dickens out of it with a cotton ball so I ended up with the idea of a heart rather than an actual image.  On top of this, I stamped a medium-sized heart with StazOn Timber Brown. Finally, I added a trio of hearts with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  This time I let it all dry!  I matted the panel on dark brown and added it to an apricot base.  Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the same set onto the bottom of the card.

Stamps: Medium Heart, Small Heart, Tiny Heart Trio and sentiment from (Ranger);
Sequin Waste background  from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I will be entering this card into the following charming challenges:

Left of Center Creative Challenges - No Designer Paper (background is all me)

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

That Craft Place Challenge - Sentimental

Using the same background I created above, I made another card with a completely different feel.  Again,  I waited until everything dried and punched out 9 squares with my 1" punch.

Stamps: Clarisse from Nature Notes; Sequin Waste from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Clarisse is colored with copic markers with some Scattered Straw distress ink painted around her with an waterbrush.

I am entering this sweetie in the following sensational challenges:

Corrosive Challenges - Autumn/Fall

Simply Create Too - Autumn/ Fall

Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes

I hope you are also enjoying the warmth and colors of the season.


9 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous, Sharon! I am one who loves "homemade" backgrounds and these are perfect! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful...Love the background and the hearts on the first! Thanks for sharing with LOC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! It's perfect for our Corrosive Challenge this fortnight. Thanks for joining in the fun with this AWESOME creation.
    DebbieM - TCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are great! Thank you for entering in "Left of Center Creative Challenges."
    Peace,
    Kristy
    (LOC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar: Great fall card! Thank you for joining in the fun at Simply Create Too's "Fall Challenge #70.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking background! Great to see two projects with similar elements. Thank you for joining the Crafting At The Weekend challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...