Monday, September 1, 2014

September Stamping

Hi all!  Yup, I have been away from my crafting table all summer.  Can you believe it?  It's the longest I've gone without stamping since I started back in 2005!  Everyone needs a break now and again and my creative mojo was just begging for one!  You've all been there, right?

Besides, I had my amazing teen at home for the summer and wanted to spend as much time as I could hanging out with her on my days off of work!  It's around this age that it dawns on us as parents that time is running short.  My gorgeous beauty is already a sophomore in high school and I don't understand how that happened as I have not aged at all!


In honor of my hard-working student, I decided to use a stamp that reminds me of my sweet daughter.  This image is from my RRD Relish Reading plate and her name is Sally.

I am starting off September, on this fabulous Labor Day, with a challenge card using a sketch I saw over at The Sweetest Thing.  I think I will use this particular sketch again and again!  Isn't it lovely?


Here's my take on it, using Sally from Relish Reading!  I dipped into my scrap box for the papers. I just love teals with browns.  To me, it's an elegant and timeless color combination!

Stamps: Sally from Relish Reading (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I also thought this card might qualify for these other charming challenges:

Addicted to Stamps - Pastels / Soft Colors

Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes

Hope everyone had a glorious summer!  It was over too fast!

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Shar! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your kiddo this summer! :-) Your mojo is back in full force - that card is beautiful. LOVE the teals and creams and browns and those gorgeous brads on the side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I was weird not stamping but I think it did me the world of good to get out in the world again even if it was just for the summer :)

      Delete
  2. Glad your back! Of course we don't age as our kids get older.....LOL
    This is really a pretty card, I agree love teal and brown together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tons! I love this color combo! I wear it enough! Just had almost the same colors on yesterday..........maybe that's where I got the idea :)

      Delete
  3. So beautiful card! Brown with any shade of blue is my favorite color combo. Love those papers and this lovely image. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Shar and gorgeous colours, just perfect for this months theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, thank so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that was time away from crafting was well spent! Saw this over on Karen Giron's blog and just had to come say, "wow!" This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are too sweet!

      Delete
  6. A very elegant card with beautiful color combo! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamp! Hugs, Flo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...