Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Quoth the Raven

It's getting to be Poe season! Whoohoo! I've been messing around with distress ink misted and smooshed backgrounds and I had one orange one that totally screamed Halloween! I also got a new stamp from Stampendous with this awesome raven on it! They seemed to be a good match!


To make the background, I stamped several distress inks onto a craft sheet and then misted the ink slight. I pulled my glossy paper through the ink and swirled it around. After letting it set a little bit, I misted the finished panel with more water, letting it puddle wherever it wanted. I also inked up my handwriting background stamp (RRD)with one of the medium-colored inks to give the panel a tiny bit more texture.

From there, I simply inked up my lovely raven with Jet Black StazOn and trimmed it to fit a simple mat. The mottled look gave it a great look.

Stamp: Raven collage (Stampendous); Handwriting Background
from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)

Get raving about ravens!  It's almost time!

1 comment:

  1. ooh Shar this is fantastic! perfect for Poe season! I do love your work. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...