Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Going Green & Simple

I was playing around with smooshing some of my distress inks onto some glossy paper.  I love doing this technique!  Always different and always easy!

I used a variety of greens and yellows for the background for these two cards.  For the first card, I used a new-to-me stamp from Stampers Anonymous.


I paired it with an ultra-simple layout.  Okay, I had to do it...the pun was just unavoidable.  It would have been fruitless to try :)

A simple mat and a block of designer paper give this card a bold look!

Stamp: Stampers Anonymous

I hope this card can qualify for the following challenges:

Cards & More - Clean & Simple

Try It On Tuesdays - How Does Your Garden Grow (I've used this gorgeous pear which I wish grew in my garden)

Vintage Stamping - Anything Goes

Now, this piece of glossy paper really worked out great! I love the little dots in the background and the great but subtle color variations!


Again, I matched this simple image with a very basic layout.  I headed back to the same designer paper for some nice contrast.  For the key itself, I extended the mat beyond the image to give it some extra grounding.

Stamp: Hampton Art

This card might be a lock for the following challenges:

Cardz 4 Guys - Clean & Simple

Crafts Galore Encore - Make a Card

Tok Bobok - Masculine

Have a fab and fun day!  I'm going to enjoy the green while it lasts!

14 comments:

  1. Both of these cards would be suitable for a bloke, the CAS style is just right.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz this week. Hope we'll see you back for another challenge soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most "fruitful" experiment! ;-) That stamp is one I've had for many years...and I love it! I don't think I've tried this particular inking technique yet. I love playing with backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great image! I just got it when a local stamp store had a clearance. I can see already that it will be one of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Terrific cards! Green and black always make an awesome combination and I love how you extended the black mat beyond the image on your second card. Very cool! So glad you shared your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great CAS cards! Thanks for joining us at cards and more and good luck!
    Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  5. very CAS and classic. Thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at TIOT! Nice to see you there! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design and colours Shar, absolutely perfect for our theme at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges, thanks so much for joining in and sharing your lovely work with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are so suitable for our challenge. I love the card with the key, the black and green work well together. Thanks for sharing this with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful greens! That key stamp looks awfully familiar, I think I have that somewhere!

    Have a great weekend, Shar!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tons! I really liked the way the background worked out for the key panel. I have too many stamps that I "think I have somewhere". I think my craft room has a mini Bermuda triangle sometimes :) Hope your weekend is awesome!

      Delete
  10. It's a stunning image and perfect design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards - those backgrounds are so good.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color green and the CAS style!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Make A Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...