Saturday, September 6, 2014

Another Reader for National Literacy Month

I got Marie out of hiding.  She was the first image I chose for my Relish Reading plate!  I just love her no-nonsense look!  I wanted a reader for my creation to page a bit of homage to National Literacy Month!  Literacy is a cause I wholeheartedly get behind!  Without written language, so much of the world is hidden!  If you have any budding or struggling readers, please do your best to share the joy and wonder of reading!


For this card, I went with a very simple look.  I think this layout may be a lifesaver for using up all my crazy designer paper scraps!

Here's the layout I used.  It's the Rogue Stampers Sketch for this month!  If you want to join in, join our Rogue Stampers Facebook group!


Here's what I did with it!  Marie is sitting pretty in the middle of the card, looking moodily at all those who would interrupt her trying to finish her fabulous novel!  The inspiration for the color palette came from the scrap of designer paper I found! It is actually one of the freebies from the pages of Stamper's Sampler or Take Ten.  I knew I kept them around for a reason!

Stamp: Marie from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I hope this card is well-suited to fit the following challenges:

Daring Cardmakers - September Color Combo  (think it fits rather nicely)

Stamplorations - Stamps & Markers (Stamp: Marie from Relish Reading; markers are copic)

Craft for the Craic - Something with Circles on It

I am in the midst of two novels right now - Feast for Crows (Game of Thrones #4) and The Island of Lost Girls.  Gotta love being able to lose oneself in another world!  It's sort of like stamping that way, except less inky!

7 comments:

  1. Really Love this card and colours you have used. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image and love the background. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tons! The background panel is one of those fab paper sheets found in Stamper's Sampler mag.

      Delete
  3. Love your clean design, beautifully coloured image and great colour choices. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the design and image, very 60s feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...