Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on my blog to Pin It!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

One-Layer with Dot

I've playing around with a simple quilted tiles technique this week. I broke out my Milliner Misses and Floriculture plates to create a pretty birthday card for my Mom.


I thought Dot, the name of the image above, would be perfect as I named it for my maternal grandmother.

This quilted tiles background is so quick and easy and makes a nice, simple way to set off a focal image.   If you like this technique, you can check out my tutorial on Rogue Redhead Designs.

Stamps: Dot from Milliner Misses and sentiment from Floriculture plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamping for the Weekend: Favorite Stamp (well, as this one is my logo.....yup, it's my fav)

Paper Crafting Journey: For That Special Lady (Mom)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love this technique...off to check it out at RRD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dot looks especially beautiful with the quilted tiles background, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Thank you for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that background and your image is beautiful. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend And Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...