Plate of the Month

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on my blog to Pin It!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Forest of Tree Cards

Continuing on with the new Tree-mendous prompt for the Rogue Redhead Designs Holiday Inspiration Club, I had some fun with the silhouette Christmas tree from the RRD Christmas Cheer plate.

http://rogueredheaddesigns.blogspot.com/2014/02/holiday-inspiration-club-tree-mendous.html


For this first one, I created a simple card with a focus on the tree.  I coordinated some Stampin' Up River Rock cardstock and some deep greens for a soft feel.  To create more interest in the tree, I added a background behind it in a lighter color ink.

Stamps: Christmas Tree from Christmas Cheer
and Handwritten Music from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I liked the way it looked so I decided to go simple with a one-layer blocked color design in similar shades of yellow-green.  I love repetition.

Stamps: Christmas Tree from Christmas Cheer  (Rogue Redhead Designs)
For my last one, I decided again on a one-layer card with a little nice repetition.  This time I stamped the Christmas tree at different levels and then used a sheet of ripped scrap paper to create some lovely frosty-blue hills.  I added three levels of hills to mirror the three trees.

Stamps: Christmas Tree and sentiment from Christmas Cheer
(Rogue Redhead Designs)
I had a lot of fun with the different ways to play with this simple tree.  I hope you can come and play with us too!  Check out the HIC post for February and link up your own take on Tree-mendous!

1 comment:

  1. Love your forest of trees, so regal and pretty! Thank you for the anniversary wishes! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...