Plate of the Month

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on my blog to Pin It!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Getting Ahead on Christmas 2014

Christmas got the best of me in 2013.  I was horribly behind on all my card creations and did not even get a chance to add to my holiday decor for the year.  This year, I am making a concerted effort to do a little toward the effort every month of 2014 and the great and talented ladies of the RRD Rogue Crew will be helping me along the way as we beat the rush for the 2014 holiday season.



We've established the brand-new RRD Holiday Inspiration Club, where we will put forward a theme, color scheme, format or idea to light the fires of inspiration for our friends.  We are including a linky with every inspiration post so that all our stamping friends can join in and share their fabulous makes as well!

I know for my part I got 7 cards completed and had a lot of fun.  Without the stress of a deadline, my creativity was let loose again!

This month's inspiration is One-Layer Elegance.  Those joining in may create cards, bookmarks, tags, ATCs, Moos, etc.  Any format goes as long as it meets the One-Layer requirement. 


We'll be showcasing some of the best submissions on the Rogue Redhead blog in February!

Today, I am showing off one of my samples that uses a couple of different Technique Junkies techniques all twisted into a lovely result.  I started by using the "In the Middle" technique as my inspiration.  Instead of a sentiment in the middle, I stamped the Santa's Ride image from RRD's Christmas Cheer plate.  For the above and below, I flowed in a little "Depth of Field" goodness with the holly stamp from the same set.


Santa's Ride
Stamps: Santa's Ride and holly from Christmas Cheer (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Pine Needles (Ranger Distress Ink); black marker
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Techniques: Depth of Field and In the Middle (Technique Junkies Newsletter)

Hope to see you over at RRD!

3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and I the holly background is perfect for Santa's sleigh ride! It really is never too early to start those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning Shar. and i love the idea at RRD to inspire our holiday card making. i make a muddle every year so maybe i can make some better progress this year! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to having you join in with your beautiful creations!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...