Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Little Paper Piecing Kiss

So, today, I worked on some samples for the new Rogue Redhead Designs Paper Piecing Challenge. I grabbed my A Little Kiss set from S.W.A.L.K. and set to work.


What I really love about Paper Piecing is that it's a great way to use up my crafts and it's a fun way to jump start your color creativity. For this card, I grabbed a really pretty piece of designer paper for my backdrop and used pieces of it for the girl's dress and the boy's pants. For the girl's apron and the boy's shirt, I picked up a scrap of subtly-patterned orange designer paper, picking up on the bits of orange in my main paper. These kids are a dream to color so I finished off all the exposed bits of the image with copic marker coloring.

Stamps: Couple and sentiment from S.W.A.L.K.'s A Little Kiss
available at Rogue Redhead Designs
Wanting to build on the orange, I added an orange rectangular panel to my card.  I finished off with a self-adhesive fabric ribbon to which I added a few brads.  Can't even remember the last time I used brads.... must be better about using up that stash!

I am also entering this card into the following fabulous challenges:

Card Makin Mamas - Anything Goes

Simply Create Too - Anything Goes

Crafty Girls - Anything Goes

Hope you are having a relaxing and fun Saturday!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, this is lovely, Thanks for playing on Crafty Girls this fortnight, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Shar: Like your card especially your adorable image and the colors. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 – “Anything Goes”

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute image, great sentiment for it too. Thanks for sharing with us in our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a bit of paper piecing to use up my odds and ends too!! Love the colours in this card. Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...