Plate of the Month

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on my blog to Pin It!

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Birthday Wish

It was the Roguette's birthday recently and as I sat down to make her card, I was struck by the fact that I was not going to make a card for a little girl this time. This year, I had to make a card for a young lady of whom I am most proud and in whom I always find delight!


For her card, I decided to go back to the original images that held me in thrall when I first began stamping - Stampington's elegant and stylish stamps. I have a number of their acrylic sets as well as a ton of wood-mounted ones. 


I stared with this pensive young lady in the middle and masked her. I then added the butterflies and a couple of larger images in a slightly lighter ink, which I also masked. Finally, in the lightest shade, I added some elements and backgrounds. I really liked the result!  I found a similarly colored piece of designer paper with lovely roses and thought it a perfect fit!

Here's a view of some of the other birthday cards I've made for my beloved daughter in the past.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty and beautifully masked.
    My Stampington stamps are also special to me, doubt I will ever part with them.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Shar--I hope Roguette had a wonderful day!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...