Here's the sketch I was working from:
I wanted to make my creation really pop and that long side just seemed to tempting not to add a rustic touch with some cardboard. I inked the ridges ever so slightly with Antique Linen Distress Ink just to define the edges. Beneath the cardboard is the remaining scrap of a really pretty Autumn-inspired paper. It's colors influenced my choice of inks for the main panel. I also used a piece of handmade paper in the upper right. I joined the bottom and top sections with a little fun paper trim I picked up in a local stamp store. I loved that the creator of the handmade paper had woven fibers all the way through the paper. To compliment those fibers, I added the bundle of raffia as a make-shift bow.
The stamped bit was made by dragging a piece of glossy paper my craft sheet which had been inked and misted with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. I then loaded up my blending tool with several colors of Adirondack alcohol ink. I think I used Mushroom, Meadow, Butterscotch and Oregano. I had prestamped the Cosmos Blossom in StazOn for positioning. I then restamped the image on white, cut it out carefully and adhered it directly over the now inked one already printed. I used my Creative Memories cutting system to create the oval and mat. So that my oval would not flap in the wind due to the bumpiness of all my background items, I added some dimensionals on the right-side to prop up the back and keep everything on the level!
|Stamp: Cosmos Blossom from Floricutlure (Rogue Redhead Designs)|
I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Lady Anne's Challenges - Anything Goes
Craft-Room Challenge - Vintage Stamping
Hope you get a chance to have one of those "that's definitely me" moments with your art today!