Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Collage

Each year, I try to put together something new for my collection of Halloween decor. This year, I managed 3 pieces - all with collage.

The first piece I created from a wooden shadow box. I started by painting the whole thing a nice Autumn copper. I added a watercolored background which was stamped with Halloween images from Oxford Impressions. I added a strip of Halloween designer paper. From there I added some eerie elements including a skeleton and spider butterfly. The collage images were cut out and mounted on cardstock and then arranged so that they could stand on their own and give some depth. Afterall, that's what shadow boxes are for, right? Finally, I added a white picket fence to hold in all the scary :)



For my other pieces, I started with pressed paper forms I found at the craft store - a dress form, a witch's hat and a skull. To see how I created these, check out my latest Vintrigue article on Unruly PaperArts.



Have a spookilicious Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Shar
    Your home must look so amazing over Halloween and rather spooky!
    Absolutely love the shadow box creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...