Monday, September 2, 2013

Framing is Everything

Today, I wanted to try a little something different with my favorite focal image shape. I love ovals, but sometimes depending on the background, they just don't pack enough punch for me. Instead of tucking this lovely tulip into another oval, I decided to create a black block to highlight the (what I think are) fab colors in my background.


For this card, I pulled glossy paper through some soft misted distress inks and then added pounced alcohol ink around the edges.  I really love this effect as sometimes I find a whole polished stone background a bit overwhelming. 

I added the silhouettte tulip from Nature Notes and then cropped my focal image into an oval.  My oval cutter is definitely an over-used tool but I love the shape...what can I say?

Stamp: Tulip from Nature Notes
I added a bit of fabric tape after setting my oval into a black rectangle. I wanted some feeling of openness so I used a simple white back panel trimmed in black...and yes, Miss Frugal here cut the rectangle out of the back panel.  The base is red to bring out the hints of red in the alcohol ink areas.

I am entering this card into the following fantastic challenges:

Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes

Come and Get It - Summer Color Challenge

Hiding in My Craft Room - Freestyle

Hope your day blooms with goodness!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining the Anything goes challenge at ATSC!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty and so effective. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...