Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Simply Art

The Roguette, my amazing teenage daughter, and I were playing around with some embossing powder over the weekend.  I showed my junior crafter how fun it is to emboss random images on glossy paper and then add fabulous color with distress inks.


The Roguette, of course, outdid her mom with no problem at all.  I had a fabulous embossed panel and when I went to iron off the embossing powder to reveal the nice crisp white reverse images the rotten paper stuck to my creation.  I salvaged some of it for this colorful clean and simple card.  Can you tell the theme of my panel was "art"?


The Roguette decided to create a stylized notebook for a friend, with a shared favorite band as the theme.  Any guesses what the band's name is?  I think this is the first time I've ever had stamps that so perfectly fit what she was working on. Isn't it totally cool?


Today, she created a second notebook for herself. Same theme, different colors. I'll try and a pic of it to share as well. It's fabulous!

Sometimes, it's fun just to mess around and make something fab and personal.

3 comments:

  1. Nice save Mrs Bliss, and WOW to junior Bliss. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sweetie! I'll let the little miss know too. I wish my last name was Bliss...wouldn't that be cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...