Saturday, August 17, 2013

I Can Never Craft Uncaffeinated Again

So the other day when I was working on some new art, I was working in the middle of the night.  This is not at all unusual as I am a renowned insomniac.  My problem was that usually, I have a bit of caffeine to help me get through these restless times, but after just getting back from vacation for a few days I had neither Cola nor tea in the house...caffeinated beverages are almost as essential to my supply list as paper and ink!


I made two bad decisions.  The first was to try and save time and use my Making Memories paper trimmer to trim out some cardboard for a canvas I was working on.  Yeah....that didn't work.  So, new paper trimmer is on the way from Amazon.

My second indiscretion was a move made in haste.  I was so excited about how lovely my distress and alcohol ink background was turning out, I just couldn't wait to cut out my oval panel.  The problem...I never took the piece off my lovely Inkssentials Craft Sheet.  So now I have a craft sheet with a lovely oval cut into it.Brilliant!  


I went  nice and Clean with this made-at-midnight card...I'd say simple too but there's way too much ink on this card for that :) I still think it qualifies as CAS though in that it finished with a nice clean layout.

I created this card by layering alcohol inks over smooshed distress ink.  I love the effect...too bad my camera isn't as great at capturing the fabby colors and intensity.  Picture butter yellow with some vibrant orange, copper and mustards.

Stamps: Beach Lass and sentiment from Beach Babes plate
(Rogue Redhead Designs)
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Heck of a Challenge - Summer Holidays

Paper Crafting Journey - Distress / Vintage

Crafter's Cafe Challenge - At the Beach

To see my other beachy card using this same technique, go on over to the Rogue Redhead Designs blog.

So....off to purchase some good old Coca Cola to stash in my craft room for late night emergencies!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this effect around the image. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! i want to do that too! and i also enjoyed the story of your late night antics. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ordeal...I don't think I have ever been out of tea since 1980! haha! Poor craft sheet- guess you could cut it down and still use it for small projects. Like the 'frame' the ink makes for the image. :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow! What a great post.I just found this blog. I'll definitely be back. Portrait De Jeune Fille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous card and I love the fabulous effect you got round the lovely image. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the effect, Thanks for joining in with us at a Heck of a challenge this month, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...