Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My First Watercolor Painting

After I finished my online collage course from MoMA, I thought...hmmm....what can I do next?  One of my friends is a fabulous watercolorist and runs courses out of her studio.  After warning her that I have zero talent, she still let me into her beginners class...she's so nice!

This is my first composition. We worked from a photocopy of a photograph and our assignment was to create a monochromatic piece based on the photo. I choose the rich color of burnt sienna. Considering I am, as previously stated, without natural talent AND I had never worked with watercolors in tubes before, I think I did pretty well.

My favorite bit of the whole piece was the tree that I created. Unfortunately, it ended up deciduous and the actual tree was really a scrubby pine but small steps are still steps.


Here's the whole attempt. The shed got away from me but I am pleased with the sky.


So tonight, I am off to my next lesson! Yikes. We were forewarned that we are doing the same picture but in color. Should be interesting if nothing else :)

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on your first painting Shar. Enjoy your latest adventure. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...