Thursday, April 25, 2013

Krafty Birds

What I loved about this bird image when I chose it for the new This N That plate from Rogue Redhead Designs is its simplicity. This image does not need to be colored to really stand out. In this card, I decided to use black ink on kraft paper and add a small amount of highlight with a white colored pencil.



I finished off the card with a bold white banner with one of the sentiments also from the This N That plate.  Many of the quotes that show up in on RRD plates are personal favorites of mine.  Both myself and my daughter, the amazing Roguette, absolutely love Emily Dickinson so I was happy to include this turn of phrase from the poem of the same name.  I always found it evocative.

Stamps: birds and sentiment from This N That plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I am entering this card into the following fabulous challenges:

Celebrate the Occasion - Clean and Simple

Craft Room Challenge - So Sentimental

Cards in Envy - Things with Wings

I hope you have a day where you can dwell in possibility too!

14 comments:

  1. I so cannot wait to get this plate and these love birds are one of the reasons! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the black, white and craft combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for joining our CAS challenge @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, that white really is used perfectly. Thanks for sharing with CIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. These new images are wonderful, and I love the birds! The white highlighting really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pure simplicity of this card - it is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. didn't see you'd entered over at the Craft Room Challenge :-) thanks for joining us Shar, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this lovely and beautiful card at Craft-Room "So Sentimental" Challenge, good luck and welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!!! Love the touch of white on your birds!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is so sweet! Love that you used kraft paper, it always gives this cool raw look. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shar you are right this image is gorgeous and perfect uncolored particularly on your wonderful neutral CAS Card. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy this week.
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...