Sunday, March 3, 2013

Purple Patterned Thank You

For my Simple Set Saturday post over at RRD this month, I decided to focus on putting together some texture and pattern.  Usually I don't mix the two as I don't like overwhelming areas on my designs, but I discovered that using designer paper scraps with subtle or small patterns combined with some embossing folders and a little ink created a pleasing look with out too much "busy" on the card.

Here is one of the cards I created.  I used a modified version of an old Technique Junkies technique called Cuttlebug Highlights from the Oct/Nov 2008 newsletter.  Instead of running cardstock through my Cuttlebug, I switched things up a bit by using some designer paper scraps.  Not all paper is created equal so if you try this too, make sure that you are using a nice weight designer paper.  I had one piece that was a wee bit on the thin side and instead of dry embossing, I ended up with almost a die cut result.

Stamps: flower and sentiment from Nature Notes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I loved that the subtle gingham of the paper shone through the pretty vintage embossing design.  Gave it a bit more zip!


I've entered this simple card into the following challenges:

My Time to Craft - Embossing

Paper Creators Crafts - Flowery Delight

Sweet Stampin - Embossing

You can see my other variations of this look on my Simple Set Saturday post on RRD!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shar,
    Great little thank you card, love the colors and the fact you used a designer paper to emboss. Love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super embossing, very perfect for our challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Thank you. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and nice card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty card, lovely image and design. Thanks for sharing with us this week at My Time To Craft.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such a elegant card, I love the purple :0)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Creator Crafts Flowery Delights Challenge and good luck :0)
    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...