Friday, February 15, 2013

Quiet Solitude

I've been having fun with one layer cards! With a little masking and some great background stamps you can really have some fun.  For this card, I grabbed my Nature Notes plate from Rogue Redhead Designs.  I decided to do a little twist on the Technique Junkies' technique "It Takes Two".


I used sweet Clarice, the woman from Nature Notes.  I masked her and all the white space around her frame except for a wide stripe along the bottom of the card.  I sponged on some Dried Marigold distress ink and over-stamped with Sequin Waste background from Behind the Scenes with Spiced Marmalade.  Using Vintage Photo distress ink, I stamped my Handwritten Music background over all the masked areas.  I removed the masking and added the sentiment, also from Nature Notes.  I loved the way the intense background contrasted with the white space.

Stamps: Clarice and sentiment from Nature Notes, sequin waste and handwritten music
backgrounds from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card into the following fabulous challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Vintage / Shabby Chic

Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes

Lady Anne's Challenges / Vickie' s Challenges - Anything Goes

Wishing everyone a day of quiet and a moment at least of delicious solitude!

8 comments:

  1. Love the contrast and great combo of backgrounds and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just brilliant I love the design so classy too ,bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background! Really makes her pop and look groovy!!! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    Kim L. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card the image is simply impressive. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    tuesdaythrowdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image for this card, very impressive. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's fabulous! Love the idea and the papers are great! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll join us for the next challenge!

    Susan, TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an interesting concept and it turned out beautifully. I will have to try something like this sometime. Thanks for joining us for Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's. We look forward to having you join us again. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...