Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oceans of Love

I love to make Valentine's with less than traditional images. This time I am sailing away on the romance of the waves!

For this card, I used two tones of Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet and a hint of Spun Sugar.  To give this a more guy-friendly feel, I reached for my Beach Babes plate and decided to make this sailboat my main image.  I added a hint of color by using a water brush to apply some ink to the watercolor paper of the main image.  I added the sentiment from the same set.

The background was made by applying Victorian Velvet distress ink, using a direct-to-paper technique, to some glossy paper.  I misted my new Bubble Wrap background stamp, from the newly released Behind the Scenes collection, with water.  I then pressed it into the glossy paper and pulled it up to remove some of the ink.  I let this part dry and over-stamped the result with the Sandy Beach background also from Beach Babes.

Stamps: boat, sentiment  and Sandy Beach background from Beach Babes;
Bubble Wrap background from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
I am entering this card in the following charming challenges:

Lexi's Creations - Valentine

Scrappy Frog - Pink or Red

Anything Goes Challenge - Monochrome

Hope your day was rosy!

8 comments:

  1. Loving the terrific background, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background and the image is lovely, sailing into the sunset!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monochromatic and the untraditional reds here...cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is just gorgeous love the image papers and beautiful detail bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon - this really is such a pretty card. The image is great (particularly for a non-romantic male!) and I totally love your gorgeous background! Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Love/Valentine" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful card. Love the monochromatic colors and the background technique you used. The image and sentiment make this a prefect masculine card. Thankd for joining us at Scrappy Frogs Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...