Plate of the Month

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on my blog to Pin It!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Keeping Cool

With a nod to Rogue Redhead's Winter Blues Rebel Challenge, I wanted to play with my cool blues on a blustery day last week. 

I started by smooshing a piece of glossy paper through some misted Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I got some great inky looking texture and let it dry.  Then, I overstamped it twice with my new text background from RRD's new Behind the Scenes collection.  I stamped first with the same Tumbled Glass ink and then stamped just a hair offset with Faded Jeans Distress.  I liked the depth it gave the text.

I used this sweet collage image of the girl and paired it with a sentiment from RRD's Snow Hugs.  Not Quite Navy and Night of Navy cardstock added the finishing touches.
Stamps: sentiment from Snow Hugs, handwritten background from
Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card in the following charming challenges:

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - Adult Valentines

Divas by Design  - Blue, Brown and Cream

Simon Says ... Anything Goes

Have a fab and frosty weekend!

8 comments:

  1. She's a beauty.....love that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combo of background stamps and shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does remind me of the blustery weather were having here too. Such a lovely card Shar. The image is perfect for it!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it when collage images and stamped images come together well. this card is a perfect example of how to do that. lovely. thanks also for the explanation of your technique. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful card , love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shar, what a lovely image and a really pretty card.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sharon, the background colours and stamp are gorgeous and that is such a sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments in our Adult Valentine challenge
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...