Thursday, February 21, 2013

One-Layer Double Stripe

Okay, I got re-addicted to masking once I started and could not stop!  I wanted to see how I could twist my masked stripe designs and then this card happened. 


I started by masking out the central oval as the basic rule of masking is to mask out whatever you want on top first.  I then marked out the green stripe which was sponged with distress ink, stamped with my sequin waste background in the same color and then over-stamped with a darker ink with my handwriting background. 

I then masked off the green stripe and created the blue stripe.  It has sponged distress ink, stamped with the same color using my bubble wrap background and then over-stamped with my handwritten music background in a slightly darker ink.  All these backgrounds came from the new Behind the Scenes plate at RRD.

Finally I used the reverse mask of the oval to shield everything else while I stamped the lily of the valley into the white space of the oval.  I added the sentiment and voila!

Stamps: handwritten music, handwriting, sequin waste and bubble wrap
 backgrounds from the Behind the Scenes plate, lily of the valley
 and sentiment from Floriculture (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Flower Power

Perfect Sentiments: Floral Fantasia

Whimsical Designs; Going Green

Hope you have a burst of Spring in your day!  We could all use it, couldn't we?

12 comments:

  1. I thought I saw bubble wrap in your stamps! I'm glad you listed all of your stamps. It gave me even more appreciation for your masking x3.Your card is sort of CAS overall, but you put a lot of technique in the mix. I love the way you colored those tiny blossoms on your lily of the valley. Thank you for joining our floral challenge at The Perfect Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card- thanks for joining in at Whimsical Wednesdays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favourite techniques and you have used it beautifully! There is more to this than first meets the eye which makes it even more special.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the script and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with such a lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really got creative. Love the colours and the masking of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So feminie & pretty! Love the flower image and soft colors! Thanks for playing along with us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card..
    thanks for sharing this with us girls over at Whimsical Designs..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...