Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Catterwalling

I got a chance to play a bit on Monday. With two different challenges on my mind, Less is More's One Layer Card with Music Challenge and Just Us Girl's Masking Challenge, I started with one idea and ended up with four different masked cards.

I started with a vague notion of a cat sitting on a wall, so I stamped my fav cat from my RRD Just Sayin' plate onto the card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then masked off the cat and a section of card to become "the wall".  Once I had the section masked off, I sponged on some Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger).   Over that I stamped my sequin waste background from Behind the Scenes with the same ink.  I finished with my handwritten music background from the same collection, stamped using Vintage Photo distress ink.


Once this strip was completed, I removed the masks and colored the cat in with copic markers.  I stamped the sentiment, "Did You Hear" also from the Just Sayin' plate with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. 


Stamps: cat and sentiment from Just Sayin'; sequin waste and
handwritten music background from Behind the Scenes (Rogue Redhead Designs)


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Less is More - One Layer Music

Just Us Girls - Masking

Sugar Creek Hollow - Feathers and Fur

Hope you get a bit of time to let your creativity take you where it will!  Come back and see the other cards I made over the next week or so.

13 comments:

  1. What a great idea!I love the musical wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I love the way you used the technique and those images are fabulous! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely - i like the background technique you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got to love it when you start out with one idea and end up with four projects! Love this little guy perched on the tape wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your shout out at JUGS! A fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wall s/he is sitting on. How could the kitty not be musical?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great stamping and design ... love the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the effect is simple and lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...