Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter Blues

The new Rebel Challenge at RRD is Winter Blues (use shades of blue for your creation).  For the card below, I used a Technique Junkies technique, Faux Designer Paper.

I love the effect of images going under and over each other and their shadows.  I used three shades of Ranger Distress ink to create a smooshed background after I embossed a few random images from my RRD Floriculture set and the circle from my Bits and Pieces set.  After it all dried, I stamped more images on top before removing the embossing by ironing my glossy cardstock between two sheets of copy paper.  I added a few more images and called it a day. 

Stamps: lily of the valley, cosmos blossom, fern, sun, border,sentiments
from Floriculture; circle from Bits & Pieces (Rogue Redhead Designs)

To get in on the fun, just create your own card, ATC or other papercrafting fabulousness and head on over to the RRD blog to enter!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous blues and layers Shar. Love how you have used the Floriculture stamps.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like winter, that's why I live on Tenerife. But I do like your creation, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card - the blue and white is so pretty, with lovely texture, and the silhouetted plants look gorgeous! Thanks so much for your visit - much appreciated.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...