Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mardi Gras in the Middle

For Clean and Simple cards, the "In the Middle" technique, shown in the  Technique Junkies newsletter, holds the possibility of so many variations.  This time I went bright and bold with it.  The new Rebel Challenge on Rogue Redhead Designs is to create a Winter Holiday Card in just One-Layer!



I chose Mardi Gras for my first Winter Holiday to showcase and used my RRD Carnival Dreams stamps to create the scene.

I stamped my couple and surrounded them with stars for above the sentiment.  For below the sentiment, I used masking to create a trio of jesters hats.  I used the purple, green and gold of Mardi Gras for my main color scheme.


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Jellypark Challenges - Stars are Brightly Shining

Addicted to Stamps and More! - Make Your Mark

Loves Rubber Stamps - Anything Goes

Hope you have a day bursting with color and love!

12 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous, love the bright colors and the image is great. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole lot of interest in this one layer card! Love the vibrant colors! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome one layer card! I love how the sentiment is in the middle of the dancing couple. Lovely fun colors too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This technique is soooo cool, Shar. I love your colours - so vibrant and pretty. The colouring is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Great stamping and coloring. Thank you for joining us at ATSM Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and colourful card, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bold and beautiful ... love your choice of colors. Your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and bright card. Thanks for playing along at LRS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow your card is stunning Shar with those bright wonderful colours. Fabulous choice of stamp. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A terrific one-layer card. So bright and gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous colorful card, love it! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...