Thursday, December 27, 2012

Just a Note

Tis the season to get in touch with friends who are spread far and wide. What better way to start up a new conversation than with a handmade card.  Whether I am thanking someone for the perfect present or just wishing them tons of New Year cheer, a "Just a note" card is my favorite way to go. 

This year, I made a lot of different "thinking of you" and "just a note" cards as I decided in a wild move against tradition to skip the holiday cards this year.  I am taking my time over the quiet days between the end of the holiday and the beginning moments of 2013 to write letters to my friends and family flung far and wide rather than just dashing off a quick note on the bottom of a Christmas card. 

Here's one of the cards I made:


For this square card, I colored this stamp with markers and stamped it onto water color paper for a soft and different look.

Stamp: Blush (Penny Black) and sentiment (SavvyStamps)

I am entering this card into the following fantastic challenges:

Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes

Use It Tuesday - Look Ahead to 2013  (hoarded supplies are much neglected stamp and sentiment, Stampin' Up paper I've had for at least 4 years and my last two pieces of Old Olive cardstock which I was saving for a rainy day; purpose of card is to catch up with friends/family with hand-made cards in 2013).

The Pink Elephant Challenge - Anything Goes

Off to make some more!

5 comments:

  1. such an elegant card. hope you had a good xmas and happy new year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you used watercolour paper for the neat texture. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the unusual combination of shapes, Shar! (That flower is one of my favorite 'old' stamps!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the effect created by the watercolor paper. Thanks for joingus at Use It Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being so descriptive in how you used your scrappy stash! We love that over at Use It Tuesday!! I need to do this as well, make a set of Thank you cards. I probably should include it as part of my "Christmas" planning and not have to do it last minute!! Thanks for playing with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...