Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Icicle Infatuation

Love blooms even in the coldest weather. I was having fun with my Snow Hugs set and some post-its! It was perfect for the One-Layer Winter Holiday Card Rebel Challenge on RRD!


I first stamped this loving couple onto a white card base and then I created a mask by stamping the image again on a large post-it. After carefully cutting out the figures, I added the mask to the card and then used post-its to create square (or mostly square) sections into which I could sponge cool blue ink. I loved the effect!

I used a water brush to pick up some more inky color and paint in some of the details on the two figures.  I wanted to keep it simple so I just picked out a few details.


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Snow White

Try It On Tuesday - Let's Get Inky

Without Words Challenge Blog - Monochrome Christmas

Hope the love of your life warms your heart in this cool weather!

14 comments:

  1. This is really effective to look at & I love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those less is more cards! Really pretty Shar.
    Hope your having a wonderful Holiday season.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CAS card, thanks for playing Without Words for December. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really icy blue - perfect for this time of year Shar! Thanks for sharing it with TioT and hope you have a happy festive holiday - Alexa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that "less is more" approach as it makes your card really intense, Shar! Thank you for playing along with us at TioT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is lovely, so simple and yet elegant and so in the spirit of 'love'

    ReplyDelete
  7. baeutiful, clean andsimple.thank you for sharing with us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS card, love the blues for the colour. Thank you for joining us at TioTs this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at TIOT, lovely inking you've done here!

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great CAS card, thanks for playing along with us at Without Words.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...