Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cooking Up Some Art

For December, the Unruly Facebook group is doing baking/cooking items as their "Altered Item of the Month"!

I choose to FINALLY (had this thing forever) alter this cool vintage 50s pie plate.  I painted it with gold Lumiere paint and sprinkled on some gold flakes (JudiKins) for some extra sparkle.

For the center piece, I wanted to showcase this lovely vintage Christmas postcard.  I picked out some subtle paper to go with the colors - don't you love green and gold?  I added some music paper and a little more gold paint here and there to finish off the look.


Here's a closer look at that vintage postcard:




There's still time to go arty on your  bakeware!  We're showing off our altered items until the end of the month! The some Unruly submissions will be featured in the January issue of Unruly PaperArts!

1 comment:

  1. Very awesome!!! I love that its gold!!! So sparkly and such old world Christmas charm!!! Beautiful make!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...