Plate of the Month

Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on my blog to Pin It!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Teal Streaked Passion

Sometimes one just has to play around. This card is the result of just making it up as I went along. I started with some backgrounds I had made a long long time ago by dragging glossy card stock through distress ink that had been stamped on a craft sheet and spritzed with water.


From there, I decided to focus on this beautiful image originally by Leonardo Da Vinci, translated into rubber by Stamp Francisco. She has such a classic powerful look despite her elegance and grace that I wanted to pair her with an inspirational statement.  I used some extra background glossy paper to stamp the sentiment (River City Rubber Works).


While the background paper was already subtly patterned teal paper, I added to it by stamping "passion" (Impression Obsession) repeatedly over the whole panel. 

I ended up making two cards using this face and a similar theme.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Ladybug Crafts - Monochrome

Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Favorite Color Combo (teal and black)

Hope you find passion, poise and poetry in your day!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card ... especially that bold texty background. A set of these would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely when you just follow your heart with a piece and it works so perfectly. Love this Shar.
    I am away on a winter break, never done it before, but enjoying some sunshine.
    Take care.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and thought provoking! Love the background text, and the face gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo, and love how you've done the background.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Natalie & Amy's
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...