Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dawn of Time

This card is for my husband on the occasion of our 16th wedding anniversary.  We are both history nuts so this beautiful tableau of gentleman from ancient Greece seemed to be appropriate.


It's hard to see in the full photo (my camera is being annoying) but these fab faces are stamped onto a piece of watercolor paper that was tea-dyed with actual tea and dusted with some coffee granules.  To finish off it was held over a candle just to get some fun singed bits here and there.

Onto this treated paper, I stamped this fantastic image from StampFrancisco with Rich Cocoa Memento.  I wanted to go a straight-forward non-cluttered layout as it was a masculine card so I took my cue from the Craft Your Passion Challenge where there was a call for Clean & Simple cards.  I then went looking for my design and settled on a delightful sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.


I liked the clean lines and the focus on the middle panel.  I also took inspiration for the background papers from Crazy Amigo's Stripes Challenge.

I used a little hardware and a bit of ribbon to finish the whole thing off.  As I have loved my beloved husband from the Dawn of Time, I hope this will properly convey that feeling :)

Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful... love the tea/coffee/burning aging process on that wonderful array of heads - what a wonderful card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. A very different image.
    Thanks for joining us at CYP.
    XXX Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cool this is! The colors on your aged panel are so beautiful. Happy anniversary. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous, Shar, and very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cards that are personalized for the receiver. I bet your husband will be thrilled to get this beautiful card that shows your common interest in history. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...