Monday, October 15, 2012

Snowy Mostly Monochrome

In keeping with the new challenge on Rogue Redhead Designs - Go Dotty, I've gone a bit dotty with a winter-themed card! 

I started with a panel of glossy paper and dragged it through some Ranger Broken China distress ink.  I let it dry and then stamped my Crazy Dot background from Snow Hugs overtop.  I stamped the cuddling couple onto white cardstock and then painted in the color with an aquabrush using the same distress ink and Taken with Teal dye ink from Stampin' Up.  To finish off, I did a little copic marker coloring on the faces.  Before mounting the focal image onto the background, I added a little handmade paper and the sentiment.  Voila!  An easy monochrome card with lots going on! Okay, it's not completely monochrome but teal hair just did not seem right :)

Stamps: Crazy Dot background and cuddling couple from Snow Hugs,
sentiment from Candy Kisses (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

 C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Monochromatic

Divas by Design - Anything Goes

Hope your day is filled with the soft colors of Autumn.  I'll be staying cool making more winter cards!

8 comments:

  1. A fabulous card, love the background...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I enjoyed your three dot cards over on the challenge blog - very unique takes on great ways of using dots! Thanks for a nice afternoon which was spent browsing your blog. Love your colors and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous creation....thanks for joining the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dots! Fab image! I need to head to RRD and check out the new goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cheery winter card, shar!

    :-)

    And ps, you never nag, not ever once! Even your self proclaimed weekend nags i never thought came aceross as anything but helpful, good grief this tablet is terrible to type on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely creation, love the wintery snowy colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dotted background reminds me of snow! Sweet wintery card! So have you done any Halloween? I think I am just about finished!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...