Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Scene Peek on a Summer's Day

Over the weekend I played with my own take on a single-layer card.  I wanted it to be different so I created a window where you could catch a peek at the scene behind the focal image. 

As the summer fades into memory, I wanted one last seaside scene to send it off.  I started with the little boy from RRD's Beach Babes in the foreground (front of the card) and used one of my circle cutting templates to draw a circle around him.  After coloring him in with copics, I cut out all the "white space" in the circle revealing  the inside panel of the card.


Using the grid on my cutting mat, I was able to figure out where to place the inside scene which consisted of the sailboat and the birds from the same plate.  I decided to make it a sunset sky to really set it off.  When you stand the card up, you really get a feeling of depth as the boy stands looking out over the sea.


I left the edges of my "scene" very irregular as if the sky and ocean just fade into the card itself.

I've entered this card into the following challenges:

Amusing Challenges - Must Use Markers (all copics)

A Gem of a Challenge - A Boy Thing

Crafty Creations - Summer Scene

You can see the other cards I made with this same idea on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous and surprising creation, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Shar, I can image the depth you have achieved with this clever card.
    Crafty Individuals challenge is Last days of Summer if you want to enter it.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic idea - it's gorgeous! Thank you for joining my Amusing Challenges this week - I'm so happy that you shared your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie this is so cute, fabulous colours, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...