Monday, September 10, 2012

Lilac Lovely

While this card is another one heavy on white space, I actually had a lot going on with it!

This piece is another sample for the Lilac, Navy and White Rebel Challenge on RRD! I used my RRD Nature Notes set for this one with a little help from the Relish Reading and Beacb Babes full-size backgrounds.

I stamped the Sandy Beach background from Beach Babes in lilac ink and the Almanac Page background from Relish Reading with navy ink onto white paper. I sponged some additional lilac ink onto the background. I then stamped the woman with Tuxedo Black Memento onto one panel of white, one panel of plain lilac cardstock and onto the inked lilac panel. I colored the woman's head and neck on the white panel with copics and I cut the woman's coat out of the lilac cardstock. I layered both of these pieces onto the inked background and then trimmed and matted it. I added the sentiment and the panel to the white base card.

Stamps: woman and sentiment from Nature Notes, Almanac Background from Relish Reading, Sandy Beach background from Beach Babes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lavender Lace and Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); copic markers
Technique: paper piecing

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Great Impressions - Sentimental Journey

Scrappers Delight - Make Your Own Backing Paper (I did behind the image)

Allsorts - Layers (4 layers beyond base card with the paper piecing)

Hope you are the master of your fate today!  I know I am - it's my day off :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card- looking forward to the postman delivering my images )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar I like how you used the lilac in the main image, it really makes everything pop.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally eye-catching piece Shar and with a lovely clean crisp feel to it.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. The purple is very pretty. Great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purple, love the background and a great idea with the paper piecing. Fabulous layers on this Shar.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SD DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along with Great Impressions.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...