Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Divine Gypsy Heart

The Simon Says Challenge this week is to "Paint It Up" and I did!  I haven't done a canvas in ages.  This one has been in creation mode on and off for a few weeks and then it all seemed to come together.



My base consists of a mix of of teal and blue lumiere pearlescent paints, with some lovely text pages and natural papers layered on and a final top paint layer of copper and gold lumiere paints.  I toned down the text pages with some white acrylic paint and aged them with some soft Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink although that is mostly obscured in the final product.


I love the winsome and beautiful faces of these "gypsy" women.  I knew what I wanted the title to be from the beginning but could not decide on how I wanted to add it and then I came across some Scrabble tiles that seemed perfect with the tones of the piece.


Hope your gypsy heart imbues your art this week!

9 comments:

  1. Love your canvas, Shar! Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great canvas Shar love the blues and the coppers :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece Sharon, I love how the text peeks through the paint in some areas. The Scrabble tiles are an inspired touch too! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your canvas! It's a very nicely collaged piece of color, text and beautiful vintage images. The little bits of bling and the Scrabble tiles really pop! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the textured background and colours you have used with those fabulous images. A great canvas Shar.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab canvas...love the texture made with your color! The images are great as well! Where did you make your watermark??? I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those colors and texture! Great canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous canvas! Love your painted and textured backgrounds and the colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning canvas love the blue and copper. Such a unique combination. I adore the scrabble tiles too. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...