Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Block Collage and Nature Notes

Yesterday, the sun was so bright and warm I just had to play with a sunshine colored palette. Add to the scenerio that my trees are starting to turn already in my forest while my garden is struggling to make a mighty comeback that looks as if it will turn September into more of a summer scene than an autumn one.

At Technique Junkies, the weekly Try That Technique Challenge is asking us to use an old favorite of mine called Block Collage. It's a simple and quick way to make an impactful one-layer card! This is what I came up with:


Stamps: woman, silhouette flower, corner flourish and vines
from Nature Notes and rose and cosmos blossom from Floriculture
(Rogue Redhead Designs)

I have also entered this card in the following charming challenges:

Lawnscaping Challenge - Make Your Own Designer Paper with Stamps

Art Impressions - There's Only One Layer

There's not too much summer left now! Despite the September 21st date for Fall, I always count it from when my daughter goes back to school and she's back in class this week!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. She looks wonderful surrounded by the bright summery yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that technique for the bright background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. the monochrome background is so great - I would buy that paper ;) thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and beautiful. It's lovely Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those vintage touch on the card..! Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so lovely Shar, love the oranges and the background, you've created, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY pretty, Shar--a beautiful background for that striking image!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...