Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Art Journaling, Maybe?

I started this page a couple of weeks ago by creating a simple ink wash over the page in three colors. I added some salt over the wet page to add some extra mottling.

Today, I decided to finish it. Of course, I have very little experience with art journaling...okay, none! I decided to go a bit Rogue with it and just do whatever came to mind. Once I got the main thought, the rest came somewhat easily...not very prettily but easily.

Stamps: Marie, books, and Read in Order to Live sentiment from Relish Reading plate; decorative flourish and I am the Master of my Fate sentiment from Nature Notes plate; flower from Just Sayin' collection and star from Carnival Dreams set (Rogue Redhead Design); Collage Images: Enchanted Mercantile

I am hoping to get better at this format but you have to start somewhere right?  It was really fun to create the background and then mess it up completely although I am fairly sure that was just my process and not how it's supposed to be done.

I am entering this page into the following fabulous challenges:

Joanna Sheen Challenge - Try Something New (this is my first art journal attempt)

CR84N Color Challenge - Grape, Blue and Green



Now, if you want to find out more about Art Journaling and see some great articles on journaling in generalwith much better art than mine, check out this month's Unruly PaperArts - Journal It!

14 comments:

  1. This is a great journal page, very inspired!
    Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journaled page Shar! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made one page too- then took a break to learn a few more techniques.... I will check out the Unruly pages and learn more tips. I just made a book in a class with Donna Downey trying 40 techniques- although I am familiar with many of the techniques, I had never actually done many of them- it was good....! Love your page...and the images you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You GO, Girl! Welcome to the dark side... there is nothing but fun from page 2 onwards... play and experiment and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just look at what you started! We're all on a journaling adventure now! Great page! I like how you incorporated your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous art journal, great technique, so glad you tried something new to join us over at Joanna Sheen. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's fantastic! Love your images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon, LOVE your journal page with that sentiment and your images! GREAT way to start this art form! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think one of the points of art journaling is doing "whatever comes to mind"! you've made a beautiful page. lovely use of a variety of different yet related elements. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on our challenge - the images and sentiments are fab. I've yet to play with art journals/mixed media, but you are inspiring me. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous, I love the design and well done to you for trying something new!
    Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I saw this page at CR84FN. I am a fellow art journaler. My blog "dirtyfingers" displays some of my work. I am trying to find "my style." With art journaling anything goes, so go for it! If you want to see my stuff check out my blog:
    http://dirtyfingersbysharinelson.blogspot.com/
    I would love to have you visit. Nice page by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page, you did a fantastic job ... it is still something on my 'have to try' list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...