Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vintage Love

Today, I was inspired by the great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I am only hoping that it it is "clean" enough as I could not resist adding the flower and a couple of faux photo corners.  It is simple and that's something for me :)

As regular readers know, I get a total kick out of the elderly couple from RRD's Just Sayin' collection.  There is just something about their expression that makes me smile and gives me that warm-fuzzy-ahhhh feeling. That...and her hair always cracks me up.


All the designer paper in this card is from my scrap basket, which mercifully is getting emptier as time goes on.  I have not cut a new piece of designer paper in months and yet I still have quite the stash left.

I am getting better about using up my scrap cardstock too but that just seems harder for me.  I grabbed this delicious deep red card from my stack of "half sheets" that I keep front and center on my desk.  I stamped it with coordinating ink using two different simple RRD backgrounds - Just Sayin's Netted background and Getting Grizzly's Honeycomb - just to add a little visual interest. I also stamped the couple using the same coordinating ink.

Here's the result:


This was the original sketch:


How did I do?

I am also entering this card in the following fabulous challenges:

Card Makin Mamas - Busting out the Rubber

Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes

Hope you have had a day with lots of loving looks and inside jokes just like the couple on my card!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shar! Great card and great images! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! LOVE that image--and it's awesome that your patterned paper scraps are getting smaller...I need to work on mine! ;) I also need to check out your RRD stamps because I just adore the images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card this is ... wow, that image is fabulous ...
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image, love your layered flower. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card! I love the colors and that gorgeous flower, too! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Sharon! I really like that flower! Such fabulous colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...