Monday, July 16, 2012

Seeing Triple

Two Clean and Simple Challenge blogs are asking for things in threes!  How could I resist getting in triple trouble with my ink?  I figured my RRD Bits and Pieces set would be a great place to start with its easy shapes and tons of sentiments.


My first card used the lovely layout from Clean and Simple Stamping which features 3 elements and a sentiment.  I kept it one-layer so that it would also work with Less is More's One Layer 3 Challenge.  I started by stamping 3 circles in a vertical line using the circle from Bits and Pieces.  I then stamped the vintage sun from Floriculture over top of the circles.  I added the "Hello" and the card was complete!  Okay, not completely.  I also trimmed the top and bottom of the card so that the white space seemed even more expansive horizontally enhancing the central pillar as a focal point.


I have also entered this challenge in the Joanna Sheen Going Around in Circles Challenge.


My second card also used the Less is More Challenge as its inspiration.  Here I moved to the Bits and Pieces solid square and stamped turquoise, yellow and lilac blocks.  Onto these squares, I stamped some of the elements from the RRD Beach Babes set, letting the various bits stamp a little outside each "box".


I finished by adding the "Oceans of Love" sentiment, also from Beach Babes, three times across from each block of color.

Here's the whole card:



I really like how this turned out.  I have to admit that I was inspired by the Spring Edition Distress Ink colors although in the end I decided to use dye ink.

I have also entered this card into the following charming challenges:

Simply Create Too - Summer / Vacation

Loves Rubber Stamps - Sweet Summer Days

Wishing you a beautiful summer day!  While my body will be in a desk chair, my sunny thoughts will be at the beach!

13 comments:

  1. Splendid cads for the THREE challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Cards love the designs of them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of your cards Shar- but especially the squares one, I just love that crab ;-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm pretty partial to that crab, myself--he makes an appearance pretty frequently around here!

    Great CAS cards, Shar--I've been trying that particular style myself, and have to admit, it's hard for me to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. So envy those who can make CAS look so fantastic. Love both of the cards and thanks so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Shar! I'm loving these CAS cards--FABULOUS! I especially LOVE the second one with the blocks of color! Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card and CAS is not an easy thing to do and get right, this one is perfect.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunsational dramatic card and the color blocks are eye-catching. Well done.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the CAS cards. When I get blocked I turn to CAS just to get things moving. The color blocking really makes them POP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...