Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Joyous July

It's as good as time as any to start on my pile of Christmas cards! 

I took my inspiration for the layout from the fab sketch at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  My palette came from the fabulous Daring Cardmaker's July Color Combo.  With Amusing Challenges also doing a Christmas in July, my hoho mojo was complete!

I wanted to do a little something different with this sweetie and her snowman buddy, so I stamped them on craft, colored them and added white cardstock snow drifts behind them. 


Stamps: girl and snowman, sentiments from Candy Kisses (Rogue Redhead Designs)

Here's to cool Yule thoughts in the summer sun!

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - fabulous colouring, thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Sharon, that image is so heartwarming! I love the play on words you used too!
    Thanks so much for sharing your fab card with us at 52 CCT!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've created those drifts, and a perfect sentiment too! Thanks for joining in this week with 52CCT
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Shar! SO glad to see you at 52CCT!!! LOVE the gorgeous torn snow and the kraft background! Hope you come back soon!

    PS: I hope you can join me at Technique Tuesday--you'd be such an asset to the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your card and taking part in The Daring Cardmakers July Colour Combo

    challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas in July! Beautiful card Shar, so pleased you could join our challenge at the Daring Cardmakers. Have a great weekend. Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute, I love that sentiment and that you used kraft card stock! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice image and love your saying. :) Thanks for joining my Amusing Challenges last week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...