Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth!

Gotta love holidays for inspiration!  I got busy with some cards inspired by the fabulous Fourth today!


I started with a spirited "hello" card with a nice patriotic color palette.  This old woman from RRD's  Just Sayin' always cracks me up and I could not resist using her for this card!  The sentiment is from the RRD Bits and Pieces plate.  I loved these two papers together!  Very festive!



I have entered this card into the following challenges:

Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes

Unique Crafters Challenge - Patriotic


My second card also uses red, white and blue as it's palette and a playful couple dreaming the American dream!  Dared to add celestial bodies and some shine over at Just Us Girls with their Wild Card - Stars and Sparkle Challenge, I surrounded the couple from RRD's Carnival Dreams with shining stars, from the same set, outlined with some gold Stickles for a bit of sparkle!



They turned out dreamy! I added the same fun red, white and blue flower paper from the last card as a backdrop.  It  always reminds me of fireworks!.  Some shiny gold ribbon finished off this sparkly card!


I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes (used glitter outline)

Party Time Tuesday - Be Patriotic (USA)

Have a Happy July 4th to all my friends here in the USA!  Happy Wednesday to all my other stamp pals across the globe!

P.S.  Check out RRD's Summer Sunsational Sale for lots of great bargains!

17 comments:

  1. Loving both of these fab images and the great colors you chose. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific, Shar! I love that first image - I didn't realize you had met my mother!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards Shar, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous! What a riot! Great cards and hope you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat fun- love the older woman decked out in R/W/B- great cards! Hoping you have an awesome 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so fancy dressed-up in her patriotic garb ... reminds me of the bicentennial dress my Gran wore to celebrate 1976.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! I feel a bit forlorn that 4th July has not the same meaning for me, although it should with my ancestry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card duo! LOVE the images and the colors--great work, Shar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great cards!!! LOL love the first image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are great! happy 4th! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun cards!! I always have trouble creating in red,white and blue. These are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love the lady and this is a perfectly patriotic card! Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab cards ! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges. Hugs Mieko xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful coloring and beautiful card! thanks for showing us your country's colors this week at party time tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fabulous cards, I totally agree that your papers have a festive feel. They are just perfect for the images too! Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great colours and super cute images...thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge this month..tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...