Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christmas Couple

It's the dog days of July and it's beyond hot, so  I am looking for some cool Yule to make me think of more temperature-friendly climes and more body-friendly attire.  Yup, I said it!  I want my jeans back.  No they are not "mom jeans" but they at least hid a multitude of over-40-related side effects.


At the fabulous and inspiring Jingle Belles Challenge, they are asking for cards that are Green OR Red!  I really enjoy this challenge and its fun prompts.  They really help me get ahead on my holiday cards!  If you haven't been over there, do check them out!


I opted for the Green as, like I said, I was looking for something cool and I just can't deal with reds when it's over 90F.

I stamped the cuddling couple from Snow Hugs and paper pieced them with a variety of soft green designer papers, mostly ginghams because that was the mood I was in.  I used a little leftover Green Ruche (from Paper Temptress) for the man's cuffs and brim of his hat.  I love it's great texture.

Here's the final card:


I am also entering this card into the following awesome challenges:

The Crafty Pad - Paper Piecing

Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Christmas in July

Card Caravan - Christmas in July

Stay cool until next time! 

10 comments:

  1. Love the subtle patterns in the paper ... they look rather dashing in shades of green ... so glad you see you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card- love the paper piecing and all of the white uncolored space- great look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shar,
    I am enamored with your green paper combo and your fantastic paper piecing. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that is ♥FAB♥! i love the green gingham in a holiday context, it looks incredibly fresh and wonderful! great job of paperpiecing, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and great paper piecing! Thank you for playing with us at The Crafty Pad this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon - love the colours and textures you've used for this card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really 'cool' card Shar, love the greens.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think December... I just can't!!! But I love your card, anyway :-) Especially that funky heart shaped stole.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...