Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Because She's a Cat

Whenever I ask my husband why our cat does what she does, he invariably answers "because she's a cat".



Why does she pretend that she is stone deaf when I try and get her off the table, but jumps when a leaf hits the ground outside the closed door?  Because she's a cat.
Why does she stick her entire head into my tea cup while I am still drinking it
?  Because she's a cat.
What possible reason could she have for putting every coin on my dresser onto the floor individually....at 3 am?  She's a cat!
Why would she lick the electrical outlet?  Cat.
Did she just attack that plastic bag?  CAT!

Guess cats don't really need reasons. Mine is content to "be".   My poor well-behaved dog can't believe she does what she does either so that's some comfort.

Why did I put this furry animal at the center of this card?  Because she's a cat!

I used the excellent sketch over at Sweet Stop for this cat-themed card. 


I have been doing a series of orange cats so I decided to keep going with that color scheme!  The Crafty Pad is having a Paper Piecing Challenge, so that came into play as well!  The Pink Elephant is doing "Orange" so I will be entering this card in that one as well!

Here's the finished card:


Because of this look on my dear sweet darling's face, I decided it was time to take the "Quiz" again. 


If you would like to dicipher "that" look that your cat is giving you, check out this helpful test - Is Your Cat Plotting to Kill You?

Is your cat plotting to kill you?

Have a purr-fect day!

13 comments:

  1. Hi shar,,,I love this card and this image! I too have a deliquent cat! Congrats on being spotlighted over on Joanna Sheen challenge blog too...fabulous! Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!! Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you little paper pieced cat! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our Paper Piecing challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me giggle! Great card and I love your cat! Thanks for playing along with the Pink Elephant Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab post! Love your cat and the colours are lovely! Thanks for joining in with The Crafty Pad's paper piecing challenge. Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cat sketch and the card you created with it...what a sweeeeet kitty kat you have ...such a darling is in noooo way plotting to do anyone harm:) she is tooo cute for such things:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Shar. Love the paper-pieced cat image and the pretty papers. The touch of black looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And she's a beautiful cat, but yes siree don't they just have a mind of their own. Love the colours on this card Shar.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card - and yes - I think my cat is plotting to kill me at times!!!! Thanks so much for joining in the paper piecing challenge at the crafty pad xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh at your kitty antics! Your cat card on the other hand is cute, cute, cute! Love the paper pieced kitty and the papers you paired her with...it is a her...right? Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have 5 cats indoors and a few give stink eye looks quite often

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...