Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pretty Poppy

A while back I swapped some images with some fellow stampers and I am still making things with all the great images I received. I made this card a few weeks back but forgot to blog it...Spring was a bit of a flurry of chaos and fun times for me.

For this pretty little image, I decided to create an alcohol ink background.  I started with a simple polished stone look and then dropped many spots of blender solution on it.  When everything had dried, I overstamped the Almanac page from Relish Reading over the piece.  It gave a nice finish but the card was still missing something so I added some thread around the main image.

Stamps: poppy (unknown); Almanac page from Relish Reading plate (Rogue Redhead Designs)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheerful Stamp Pad - In the Garden

Fashionable Stamp Challenges - Nature

PanPastel - Summertime

Hope your summer is blooming with lovely leisure time!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! (When you comment on my blog, I always reply...but the message always bounces!)

    The AI colors work so well with the beautiful poppy, and that almanac stamp is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inked and stamped background it's so satisfying when you make your own. The thread is just a perfect finish.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw- this is beautiful! The colors are wonderful- love the image- perfect on the awesome BG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so stunning, I love the pretty poppy image and the background is just so beautiful, love it. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that background!!! It's gorgeous! Love the colors here and the stamping! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to use that background stamp more! This is gorgeous, Sharon! Love the backgroud and that beautiful poppy! Thrilled to see you at FSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful background, great technique. Love the poppy image. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background, it really sets off your image perfectly ! Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous background with the poppy image.
    Thanks for joining us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shar
    The AI are beautiful backdrop for this poppy stamp.
    Thank you for sharing this card with us at FSC.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, Shar! Love that background, and the poppies,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous card Shar with the most amazing background.
    Thanks for joining in with our nature challenge at FSC, lovely to see you there.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...